If you, a loved one, or a friend has been injured due to the negligence, recklessness, or intentional act of another, or experienced any of the losses as described below, the immediate and future impact to you and your family can be physically, emotionally, and financially devastating.
Victims of accidents may be entitled to compensation for medical bills and future medical expenses, such as rehabilitation and any resulting disability. Damages could also be available for lost time at work, and the physical and emotional suffering endured. At The Pecchio Law Firm, we have the experience needed to help and we do it in a caring manner with personal attention to your needs. We handle claims including, but not limited to:
- Accidents & Personal Injury Claims
- Auto, Truck, Motorcycle, Bus, and Boating Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Hit and Run/Uninsured Motorists
- Drunk Driver Victims
- Brain Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Dog Bites/Animal Attacks
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Construction Accidents
- Work Accidents
- Inadequate Security and Assault
- Premises Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Negligence
Initiating A Personal Injury Claim In Ohio
The following article will cover:
- The common questions and concerns related to personal injury claims in Ohio.
- The process of initiating a personal injury claim in Northeast Ohio.
- The most common tactics used by insurance companies to deny or limit personal injury claims.
What Are The Most Common Questions People Have About Personal Injury Claims?
When you believe you may be eligible to file a personal injury claim in Ohio, it’s normal to have a lot of questions.
Some of the most common questions people have include:
- Should I discuss my case with insurance representatives?
- How do I go about repairing my vehicle after a car accident?
- Can I get compensation for the time I lost away from work after a car accident?
- How do I get access to the medical care that I need and pay bills while my injury claim is pending?
- And more…
By working with our firm, you can find the answers you need. Our team is here to help guide you through every step of the claims process.
How Do I Begin The Personal Injury Claim Process After An Accident With Serious Injuries In Northeast Ohio?
To start the personal injury claim process after an accident with serious injuries in Northeast Ohio, you should:
- Report the claim to the police.
- Notify both your insurance company and the at-fault party’s insurance company.
- Seek medical treatment for injuries.
- Consult with a personal injury attorney about the accident.
What Are The Most Common Tactics Insurance Companies Use To Deny Or Limit Personal Injury Claims?
Insurance companies often employ a range of tactics to deny or limit the amount of compensation you can receive for your injury claim. Most commonly, this looks like:
- Offering early settlements without knowing the full extent of your injuries or damages.
- Discouraging you from hiring an attorney to handle the claim.
At What Point Should You Hire A Northeast Ohio Personal Injury Attorney?
You should consider hiring a personal injury attorney in Northeast Ohio as soon as possible. Insurance companies may contact you and potentially mislead you or provide unhelpful information, which could impair your ability to obtain a full and complete settlement. For more information on Initiating A Personal Injury Claim In Ohio, an initial consultation is your next best step.